By participating in The Community Club, you agreed to abide by our Code of Conduct. Abusing these guidelines may result in your removal from the community.
This is an open-source code of conduct. Feel free to take it, change it, add to it, and use it as a starting point for your own community!
The Community Club is a professional space where Community professionals at all stages of their community journey can gather, connect, and learn without fear of harassment, prejudice, or discrimination. To that end, we enforce the following rules, and by joining this community you agree to adhere to these rules or face removal from the community. First and foremost, we have adopted the Contributor Covenant to ensure that our community remains a welcoming, safe space for community builders.
We as members, contributors, and leaders pledge to make participation in our community a harassment-free experience for everyone, regardless of age, body size, visible or invisible disability, ethnicity, sex characteristics, gender identity and expression, level of experience, education, socio-economic status, nationality, personal appearance, race, caste, color, religion, or sexual identity and orientation.
We pledge to act and interact in ways that contribute to an open, welcoming, diverse, inclusive, and healthy community.
Examples of behavior that contributes to a positive environment for our community include:
* Demonstrating empathy and kindness toward other people.
* Being respectful of differing opinions, viewpoints, and experiences.
* Giving and gracefully accepting constructive feedback.
* Accepting responsibility and apologizing to those affected by our mistakes, and learning from the experience.
* Focusing on what is best not just for us as individuals, but for the overall community.
Examples of unacceptable behavior include:
* The use of sexualized language or imagery, and sexual attention or advances of any kind.
* Trolling, insulting or derogatory comments, and personal or political attacks.
* Public or private harassment. This includes discriminatory or prejudicial comments.
* Publishing others' private information, such as a physical or email address, without their explicit permission.
* Other conduct which could reasonably be considered inappropriate in a professional setting.
No spammy behavior
* Light self-promotion is totally fine, but you can't constantly promote your business/podcast/etc. Participate organically!
* No straight-up marketing, please. Again, participate organically!
* No random links to non-community stuff (unless in designated channels).
Vendors identify themselves as such and do not solicit business
* If you work for a platform or tool that would reasonably be used by a community professional, you must indicate on your profile that you are an employee there.
* Vendors may not reach out to members in comments or DMs unless explicitly invited to do so by the member.
Keep it on-topic
* This is primarily a place for folks in the community world to talk all things community, with general chat okay in appropriate channels.
* Top-level comments should be made in the appropriate channel; if an off-topic comment is posted it will be removed.
Use real names and companies
* Pseudonymous communities are great and have their place. This is a space for meeting others and building professional relationships, so real names and companies should be used.
Keep it above board
* Don't post, share, or solicit illegal content.
Don't be a jerk
* If you're found to be harassing or being a jerk to anyone else in our community, you're outta here.
* We know that political discourse, especially now, is extremely important. This rule isn't meant to stifle beliefs or ideals, it's simply meant to avoid intense, heated political discussions in our community.
This is not a marketplace
* We're not here for you to sell things through our community.
If you are found in violation of the above Code of Conduct or any of the additional community rules, you will receive a warning about your behavior. Additional instances of rule-breaking will be met with your removal from the community. If your behavior is unacceptable or you use our community for illegal activities, you will be immediately removed from the community.
If you find someone in violation of our community Code of Conduct or rules, please either DM one of our Community Managers (Izzy Ortiz, Cole Zerr, or Alex Angel) or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Where possible, please include a direct link to the violation and/or a screenshot.